Software Test Process Improvement (TPI)
To produce the highest-quality software and applications possible, companies rely on the software development life cycle (SDLC), which provides a solid framework for creating, refining and ultimately deploying new software solutions. But this process doesn’t happen in a vacuum. With multiple types — such as agile, waterfall and spiral — and evolving corporate needs, there’s always room for improvement to SDLC methodologies and the SDLC process.
Consider the key role of software testing. At XBOSoft, this is what we do all day, every day — and we recognize that the software testing life cycle must do more than find defects at the end of the development cycle. Using a proven methodology known as TPI, or Test Process Improvement, we’re able to help IT teams drive software process improvement by quickly identifying defects in production and enabling higher productivity throughout the entire test process.
An integral part of TPI is the application of process engineering methodologies to evaluate testing maturity. This improvement strategy consists of 16 key evaluation areas, including:
- Test Strategy – How do you test? How often? What are you looking for? At XBOSoft, we have the expertise and experience needed to support your software process improvement.
- Agile Test Process Management – It’s one thing to test; it’s another to test with intention. Leverage our strength in software development process improvement to ensure ideal test management.
- Test Methodology – Without the right methodology, test results won’t drive critical change. Use our proven methods to ensure your testing provides the actionable and insightful results required by effective SDLC.
- Test Metrics — You’re testing, but what are you measuring? At XBOSoft, we recognize the need for reliable and relevant metrics in software test process improvement. Our depth of experience in the SDLC test phase can help streamline your developing and identify specific metrics of interest.
- Defect Management — What happens when you find a critical defect? Along with tracking software vulnerabilities and code issues, we can help your IT development teams determine the best course of action to manage software defects.
- Test Case Design — To ensure your software is reliably tested and meets all critical benchmarks, you need ideal test case design. XBOSoft can evaluate your current test case procedure, see what’s working and what isn’t, and suggest actionable improvements to enhance end results.
Using a test maturity matrix, each key testing area is assessed and evaluated against specific checkpoints such as Initial, Controlled, Efficient and Optimized to determine test maturity. Data from the evaluation is then used to create a plan that improves overall test process quality. Our mission is to not only provide the critical testing services necessary to enhance your current SDLC initiative, but give your team the tools it needs to develop long-term testing and deployment strategies that boost your bottom line.
XBOSoft offers Test Process Assessment and Improvement services for companies of any size, customized to your test process improvement and software quality objectives.
SDLC is an ever-evolving process, and one that your company may not have the resources or time to manage internally — XBOSoft’s deep technical expertise and focus on Software Quality Assurance makes us the ideal partner to improve your SDLC environment and deliver high-quality code.
Need to enhance your testing processes and keep pace with evolving SDLC? Let’s talk.